Forget all those ‘dummies guide to…’ Think smart. Think thorough. Here comes a book specifically written to educate and inform managers on smartphone technology and business.
Technology and trade media is filled with coverage of the smartphone and hardly a day goes by when we don’t see a story on it. But where is the complete understanding? Smartphone is a multi-dimensional subject, so the smartphone story is scattered across thousand islands.
The new book Smartphone provides you with the whole context to the smartphone story and saves you from learning in bits and pieces. It’s the first authoritative account on smartphones that provides wearing details on all major aspects of the first disruptive technology of the 21st century. Smartphone covers all aspects of ecosystem – hardware, software, apps, advertising, content, etc. – and offers technology content in a transparent way that non-technical readers will be able to follow conveniently.
- Smartphone’s rich history, basic building blocks, and business development cycle.
- A coherent understanding of key concepts like apps, HTML5, m-commerce, LTE/4G, location services, tablets and post-PC era.
- Scorecard of all major players: Apple, ARM, Google, HP (and Palm), Intel, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, RIM and so on.
- A detailed treatment of major mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone and webOS.
- How mobility is the next wave after the PC.
- How the convergence is for real this time.
- How the future of smartphone is most likely inside the cloud.